CfA [closed]: ICAS:MP advertises the position of a Programme Officer
Closing date: 4 September 2015.
The new M.S. Merian Centre for Advanced Studies “Metamorphoses of the Political” (ICAS:MP) is looking for an
to help set up and run its office in New Delhi.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the project management in New Delhi and the administrative partners in Germany and India.
The position starts at the earliest possible date and is initially for two years with the possibility of extension. The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Director of ICAS:MP and is expected to assume responsibility for the general and all-round support for the research programme of ICAS: MP. These shall include but not be limited to:
- Controlling (producing and interpreting financial reports)
- Assisting with logistical problems of the fellows in India (such as helping with visa issues or providing general support for living in Delhi)
- Event management (including coordinating workshop and conference programmes, organizing business meetings, and taking charge of publicity for the events, booking venue, arranging catering, accommodation for delegates and guests, hotel transfers, assisting with conference and business visas) and be generally responsible for the smooth running of the events of the Centre.
- General communications, publicity and public relations for ICAS: MP
- Writing reports of events, notes of meetings etc.
- Liaise with administrative staff of the Centre’s partners in India
- Coordination of local services (Contributing to the smooth running of the project´s office space and facilities)
We expect sound computer skills, an excellent command of English and a working knowledge of German. The position requires very good communication skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure. Background in research or academics would be an asset. Work experience in a research organization/NGO/cultural institute is desirable. Given the international nature of ICAS: MP (international scholars and conferences) experience of dealing with people from a diverse, international background and assisting with logistical problems in India would be of great advantage.
Salary in range of Rs 53,000 to Rs 86,000
The successful candidate will be employed by the Max Weber Foundation, which is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering workplace equality for men and women. We particularly invite applications from women for this post. As far as possible, the Centre allows for flexible working hours. Preference will be given to candidates with disabilities. Please send your application with the usual documents (CV, certificates, names and email addresses of 2 referees) by email in PDF format to Beatrice Rennhack (email@example.com) by 4 September 2015. Postal applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will be conducted on 5 or 6 October 2015, in Bonn and/or New Delhi. Should you not be available at the time, please indicate this in your cover letter.