CfA: Programme Officer (Finance)
ICAS:MP advertises the position of Programme Officer (Finance)
The M.S. Merian – R. Tagore International Centre for Advanced Studies “Metamorphoses of the Political” (ICAS:MP), a project of the Max Weber Stiftung India Branch Office, is looking for a
Programme Officer (Finance)
The position is initially for two years with the possibility of extension. The successful candidate will report to the ICAS:MP directors and the Head of Administration (HoA) of ICAS:MP and will work closely with the Programme Officer (Event & PR). She/he is expected to assume responsibility for the general and all-round support for administering the office of ICAS:MP. Her/his tasks shall include but not be limited to:
- Helping set up and run the extra work space for the ICAS:MP project of the Max Weber Stiftung, India Branch Office in New Delhi
- Responsibility for all finance related matters and for making payments (travel statements, salaries, office material etc.)
- Assistance of the directors of ICAS:MP and the HoA, generally, and in particular for controlling (producing and interpreting financial reports)
- Liaising with administrative staff members of the MWS India Branch Office, and the administrative staff of the ICAS:MP’s partners in India
- Close collaboration with, and back up for the Programme Office Event & PR
- Assistance in event management, organising business meetings, booking venues, arranging catering, booking accommodation for delegates and guests, hotel transfers
- She/he shall write and file minutes, document all office-related organisational matters thoroughly
- Coordination of local services (Contributing to the smooth running of the project´s office space and facilities)
Skills and Experience
- A University Master’s degree or an equivalent post-graduate professional qualification (preferably in Finance/Accounting/Commerce) from a recognised university or professional body is essential
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance/accounting, financial administration is required
- An understanding of Indian accounting systems and software would be an added advantage
- We expect sound computer skills. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook)
- An excellent command of English and Hindi. German language skills or willingness to learn German are essential
- An understanding of/experience within the Indian and German academic landscape as well as a background in academia are of advantage
- The position requires very good communication skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Work experience in a research organisation/NGO/cultural institute is desirable
- Given the international nature of ICAS:MP (international scholars and conferences) experience in dealing with people from a diverse, international background and assisting with logistical problems in India would be of great advantage
Salary of approx. Rs 80,000 per month (full time) depending on qualifications and experience. Medical benefits, Annual Bonus and Employee Provident Fund would also apply.
The successful candidate will be employed by the Max Weber Stiftung, which is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering workplace equality for men and women. We particularly invite applications from women for this post. As far as possible, the Centre allows for flexible working hours. Preference will be given to candidates with disabilities. Please send your application with the usual documents (CV, certificates, names and email addresses of 2 referees) by email in PDF format to Mr. Himanshu Chawla firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20th. Kindly mention the position i.e. “Programme Officer (Finance)” in the subject of the email. Postal applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will most likely be conducted on 10 and/or 11 July in New Delhi. Should you not be available at the time, please indicate this in your cover letter. Only those candidates that are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. The position shall start at the earliest convenience of the successful candidate, ideally in August 2018.
This advertisement is subject to the definite approval of the project by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
For further information on the Max Weber Stiftung and the ICAS:MP project please see the following websites: